1. Be respectful to others. Blatant disrespect will not be tolerated.
- Treat others the way with the same respect with which you’d like to be treated. Do not intentionally bring others down or hurt others. These are your friend, and thus should be treated accordingly.
- Treating others the way you want to be treated also extends to chat responses. Be sure to respond in chat channels, welcome players when they arrive, and say bye when they leave. When a question is asked in chat, try to answer it, even if it’s with a negative. You would like your questions answered and requests fulfilled, so we ask you do that consistently for other guild members.
- The Gryphons Aerie is LGBTAIQ+ affirmative. Any intentional disrespect toward members falling under that umbrella is grounds for immediate dismissal, no questions asked.
- All members are encouraged to report an incidents of harassment of any kind or bullying to members of the leadership team privately via DM or in-game mail. All reports will be kept confidential within the team, and we will do our best to take appropriate action in a timely manner.
2. Know that "real life" comes first.
- We as guild understand that school, work, and your family always come before the guild or game time. All we ask is that you let us know what's going on and we'll work around it.
- No exceptions. Subjects may be brought up and/or language may be used in the guild chat or on Discord voice/text channels that are not suitable for minors.
4. You must be an active member to remain in the guild.
- An active member is expected to participate in chats (in-game and discord), join and/or host adventures, aid fellow members, and be social in general to make new friends and strengthen bonds with current ones while also helping the guild as a whole.
- Full details of what we consider the actions of an active member can be found on our forum.
5. Keep discussions about religion, politics, and other very sensitive or hotly debatable topics out of in-game guild chat, Discord text channels, and voice chat.
- If mentioning something that has potential to be sensitive, be sure to include a Trigger Warning/TW and use spoiler tagging (|| on either side of the wording on discord) so that everyone has the option whether or not to view the content. While it’s best to avoid these sensitive topics as much as possible in voice chat, in such occasions where they do come up, please take reasonable care to make sure everyone in the conversation is comfortable in order to avoid upset.
- If you wish to have a private, civil conversation with others on these topics, you are more than welcome to do so.
- We are open to deeper topics of discussion, as long as they are conducted in a civil manner. Leadership reserves the right to step in and request a conversation in main chat channels cease and/or be taken to private outlets if it becomes too heated or complaints are received from others who are made uncomfortable by it.
- Arrangements can be made for high-end items, as we cannot expect others to freely give away legendaries or other costly items.
- If someone is crafting an item for you, try to provide the materials, or as many as you can.
7. You must follow ArenaNet's EULA to be accepted to and remian in the Aerie.
- The Gryphon's Aerie does not tolerate or condone hacking, gold-selling, or any other violations of the EULA accepted upon entering the game. It reflects poorly upon the guild and can lead to terrible consequences.
8. Have Fun
- This is a game. If you are not having fun, why are you playing?